Our lawyers have practised for decades in the area of debt collection and security recovery. Our success is due, in part, to our extensive experience acting on behalf of private and institutional lenders. We understand lenders' thinking, methods and approach. By leveraging such insight, we will craft a plan to deflect your creditors' efforts and help you manoeuvre within your debt load. We can help by:
- investigating the validity of creditor claims
- where amounts are found owing, ensuring that banks and lenders follow all appropriate procedures
- using legitimate tactics to slow a creditor's expedited collection efforts
- negotiating alternate and/or more advantageously timed payment plans to match your financial situation, needs and goals
- ensuring an orderly and controlled collection process
- pursuing a court order to fight creditor claims
No matter how grave your situation, viable defences may exist for you. Our aim is to uncover them and assist you in launching a successful fight to protect your financial interests. We can also provide advice regarding account and asset seizure by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).